Old 03-11-2005, 12:48 AM
~ jan jjspond

Default my koi ate my goldfish!!!

i recently brought in 5 small koi about 4 inches in length also in the
tank were 5 small goldfish that survived from my hatch this year, (my
first ever). the gold fish were about an inch long.

well after two days in the tank i realise their is a goldfish floating
on the surface bitten in half and still alive! the others had all gone, matt

Does that mean you didn't look at the tank for two days?

If so, and not knowing tank size or filtration, perhaps the goldfish
weakened & died from stress? Having the bigger fish added, or ammonia
poisoning, could do this.... at which time the koi ate them. Guessing

Sorry for your loss. I raise goldfish too, but I don't mix the two. The koi
have their ponds and the goldfish get the lily pond. I only bring some of
the goldfish in for winter. The koi are on their own. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a