Old 02-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default seed pods

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Agreed; my sister claims to like it, though. I understand animal
locusts, like most arthropods, taste like shrimps: I imagine Rusty's
eaten them, so he can confirm or deny.

I deny having tried them, but do know that the juice from boiled
woodlice used to be used for a replacement for fishstock by poor folk,
as they (being crustacians) taste strongly of shrimps.

Allegedly.

I've seen people eating
grasshopper legs raw, but found the way they got them so cruel that I
didn't venture to taste. I missed the flying-ant harvest in the
Sudan, too.

Hmmm. Carob ants...

--
Rusty