Old 02-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Kay

Default The welcome message

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes

The urgring hosted by Tony is also somewhat out of date. I know some
other urgring garden owners hosted by him are no longer urglers, or
(like us) have long since moved from the featured garden. Maybe we
should ask him to do some pruning :-)

I've forgotten which site hosted which FAQ. One or two (like
"suppliers") must be badly out of date by now and should perhaps be
dropped anyway. What do others think?

I'm not interested in maintaining the shade FAQ and my collaborator has
long since disappeared from urg.

I think usenet has changed - people dipping in for immediate answers to
one question rather than joining a group and staying around - and the
web now has far more information available. I'm not sure there is a need
for FAQs. The one purpose of providing information, is met elsewhere,
and the other purpose, of saving the group from answering the same old
questions over and over again, isn't fulfilled because people no longer
are aware of FAQs as a concept and don't look for them.

It would be interesting to see that site stats for the FAQs, but with
Chunky and Cormaic both out of action, we don't have that information.
--
Kay