Old 03-11-2005, 05:41 AM
godwin godwin is offline
Registered User

Location: Busselton WA
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozie
Hi All

I have a kitten who absolutely loves catnip so I was thinking of growing it in my garden. What I need to know is, will it attract all the cats in our area?

Also, I buy the dried out catnip from the vet, but do cats like it fresh out of the garden?

Thanks
Mozie
Hi moz. Look in my experience cats are pretty disinterested in catnip but cats and certain other animals (sheep) are mad about cat thyme. teucrium is a very pretty little rockery plant and I think it's because of its medicinal qualities (worming) that they go for it. When ive grown it commercially i couldn't work out at first why it wasn't thrivng then I noticed the cat eating it :-)