Old 03-11-2005, 07:40 AM
bigjon

Default cactus id

Tumbleweed decided to add:

"bigjon" wrote in message
.. .

http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/worrisit.htm
(A cactus from Jim Warham - ID Please)

I have the same, I don't know what it is either, but it flowers thre times
a year and has about 30 flowers each time. It's in a pot 12" across, it
spreads about 3 feet up and across...

Any ideas?

That looks like a so-called 'christmas cactus' (several varieties)

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/i...truncatus.html

I like 'Jims cactus' lower down on your page, it looks like a trimmed
cucumber with a posy on it!

It actually is one species with a graft of another species on top. the graft
is a mutant with no clorophyll hence it needs to be grafted onto something
that does have it.

I have several of what is in your pic, a "Christmas Cactus", but the one I
ask about is not the same. It has individual "stems" 2 to 3.5 feet long
with large red flowers about three inches across - unless the "Christmas
Cactus" has larger varieties??