Old 03-11-2005, 01:06 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Catnip & Cats!

In article ,
godwin wrote:

Mozie Wrote:
Hi All

I have a kitten who absolutely loves catnip so I was thinking of
growing it in my garden. What I need to know is, will it attract all
the cats in our area?

Also, I buy the dried out catnip from the vet, but do cats like it
fresh out of the garden?

Thanks
Mozie

Hi moz. Look in my experience cats are pretty disinterested in catnip
but cats and certain other animals (sheep) are mad about cat thyme.
teucrium is a very pretty little rockery plant and I think it's because
of its medicinal qualities (worming) that they go for it. When ive grown
it commercially i couldn't work out at first why it wasn't thrivng then
I noticed the cat eating it :-)

Cats go bonkers for Valerian root too!
--
Om.