Old 27-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Seed potato recommendations please!

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:46:49 +0000, Alan Gould
wrote:

In article ], Chris ]
writes
There are so many seed potatoes?
Which should I go for?
I want earlies, to plat four every fortnight so as to get a succession.

We shall grow Desiree again this year - a good reliable crisp, yellow
fleshed, red skinned second early which always does well on our soil.

I'm going for Foremost again, always had good results with this potato
and slug resistance is fair in my heavy soil.

Charlotte ( a salad variety ) is well worth planting too, excellent
flavour, but doesn't like hanging around in the soil too long. Very
good slug resistance, I've found.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk