Old 03-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Shazam

Default olives

wrote in message
ups.com...

Shazam wrote:
I have a couple in large pots which have grown well. I'm thinking of
putting
them in the garden. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice?
thanks
Jon

Hi Jon, I don't know exactly what kind of "olive" you write about,
and what state you live in, but here in the State of Arizona they are
outlawed. If you had an olive tree in before the law passed many,many
years ago, you could keep it. But growing new olive trees or importing
trees or seeds, is illegal.

Why? Arizona is known for its healthful climate, so they took as many
steps as they could to keep it that way. Also forbidden, the fruited
mulberry tree, and I'm sure many more such allergenic plants.

Mike

so what do you put in your martinis in Arizona?
I'm in England, bought the olives from one of the garden goodies suppliers,
and lost the instruction sheet
People in Italy and Spain don't die of olive poisoning, what are you
Arizonians made of??
:-)