Old 03-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Please recommend Hosta gardens

"Andrew Ostrander" wrote in message
I am about to start a motor trip from Winnipeg Manitoba to Miami, Florida
then up the east coast to Richmond, then back to the 'Peg. Would readers
please recommend good hosta gardens or other gardens that I would be able
visit along the way? Thank you.

Andrew

At this time of year, Hostas will be looking pretty ragged from Virginia
north. However, you still may want to visit Longwood Gardens. They have a
conservatory which, when I visited, had some "season-extended" plantings,
and Hosta might be among what's growing. If not, the place is still
fantastic. And, route 76 will take you easily to route 80, and you're on
your way home.

www.longwoodgardens.com