Old 03-11-2005, 04:42 PM
ems

Default Moving Bamboo

In article ZF8af.880$zU2.625@trnddc07, Travis
wrote:

Claire Burton wrote:
My bamboo has died after moving it will it grow back?

SNIP

If you die will you come back?

It's odd how Travis always seems to have something nasty,
condescending, misguided, or rude to say.

I gave a friend some small rhizomes a few months ago in several pots.
They all put up new shoots immediately and then died back. Ideally she
should have put them in the ground immediately, but circumstances did
not allow for that. My advice for her was to take care of them over the
Winter and see what happens in the Spring.

My, obviously amature, advice for you if your bamboo is in the ground,
would be to mulch well for winter protection, fertilize lightly with a
high nitrogen fertilizer wait and see.

Good luck!

EMS