Old 03-11-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Anyone know of a source of truckloads of crushed volcanic rock?

I am in the planning stages currently for building two 60'x30'x12'high
combination shop & office buildings. Both buildings will be located in
NW Kansas or SW Nebraska. I have decided that one of these buildings
will be built with straw bales and I am considering Earthbag
construction using crushed volcanic rock for the second building. I
want to do the shop/office building first and then make the decision
later whether I will use the straw or the Earthbag construction for my
main residence. Since we have a family farm in the NW Kansas area straw
building materials are not a problem but finding an economical source
of crushed volcanic rock (one inch in diameter or less) is
questionable. Do any of you know of a good source of truckload
quantities of crushed volcanic rock within 600 miles of the Tri-State
area of CO/NE/KS? I have the use of a tractor trailer with a 1400
bushel capacity so transportation isn't that big of a deal to me.
Any information is appreciated but please no E-mail replies.
Dennis