Old 03-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Dwayne

Default blueberry

Blueberries wont grow very well unless your soil is acidic. They love soil
with a pH of around 4.5. Neutral is 7, and anything above that changes the
taste and growing habits of blueberries and blackberries. My soil has a pH
of 7.2 and my blueberries died out within 3 years of planting them. I even
tried to lower the pH with sulpher additives, and peat moss.

The first thing I would do is test your pH. Then if it is below a pH of 5.5
or 6, I would buy the plants that are 2 or 3 years old if you can get them.
That way you wont have to wait as long to enjoy your harvest. Good luck.

Dwayne

"tracey" wrote in message
hi,

i live in perth, and i am wondering if anyone knows where i can buy some
blueberry seeds from, online or local. thanks in advance

tracey