Old 03-11-2005, 04:01 PM
JennyC

Default The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

"martin" wrote
snip
OT, I know. I've pondered this long and carefully for years and
years. It does seem an absurd method, and in very rare cases an
unjust one, but nobody's ever suggested a better way of funding two
TV channels, four or even five world-class radio networks, the best
website in the world, countless local radio stations, several major
orchestras, a "big band", a major choir or more, huge quantitiies of
material for schools and universities, and commissioning new writing
and music like nobody else on the planet.

From the national budget like the Dutch do.
Martin

Yeah,, but Dutch TV is crap. I watch the BBC :~)
Jenny