Old 27-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Dwayne

Default Chinese or Japanese Icicle Radish

Good morning Paul. I have raised Japanese daikon. They are white a foot
and 1/2 long, and sound like what your are talking about. The Japanese lady
that gave them to me said not to plant them until the end of June or first
of July.

I raked the dirt together into a row over 1 ft tall, leveled off the top of
the row with the rake, laid a soaker hose down the center of the row and
planted the seeds along the soaker hose. I kept them watered so they
wouldn't get too hot like regular radishes will if neglected. In September
I started digging up the daikon and. I gave a lot of them away and ate the
rest.

There are recipes for pickling them but I didn't try them. Good luck.
Dwayne

"Paul England" wrote in message
Hi, I wish to grow the above, due to it's fabulous flavour, raw in salads

or
in stir-frys.
I have identified 'Mino Early' in Fothergills and Japanese radish (Mooli)
April Cross F1 hybrid in Marshalls.
I assume they are both the icicle radish, because of the shape. Has anyone
had any experience growing them ?
Thanks in atticipation
Regards .. Paul