Old 04-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Kira Dirlik

Default How much to expose iris corms

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:48:46 GMT, wrote:

"Dwayne" wrote in message
He said you could just lay them on the ground and they would be OK.

Reminded me of a story my grandmother loves to tell about irises she never
got
around to planting - they got laid in a grocery bag on the shady side of the
back porch and forgotten about until the next spring, when she had the
most beautiful patch of irises in her life - that accidental iris bed
spawned
decades of gorgeous flowers.

Yeah, in the '40's my dad pulled out a bunch of iris my grandma didn't
want anymore and threw them behind the garage (2 feet wide area
between the wall and a fence. They were just thrown there and bloomed
beautifully. Oh, if only I had some of them now. I just love those
gorgeous old fashioned bronzie ones.
Kira