Old 05-11-2005, 12:00 AM
WaltA

Default Blue Lake Beans

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:17:13 GMT, "Bertie Doe" wrote:
I grew this variety of french climbers for the first time. They taste good -
fresh or frozen.
Strangely, half the plants have produced flat beans with a wavy edge. The
remainder are the rounded type.
The seed packet is Fothergills', generic style with no pics. Is this usual
for B.Lake? TIA

No, not usual !

I have grown many "Blue Lake" over the years and never had any go flat
with wavy edges, they should all be long thin round pods. Like this :-
http://www.fothergills.co.uk/en/clim...-lake-321.aspx

I have grown a flat wavy edged climbing bean "Hunter", could that be
what you are describing I wonder ? Like this :-
http://www.fothergills.co.uk/en/clim...unter-320.aspx

Sounds like Fothergills may have had a hiccup in their packaging
machines !?