Old 05-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Janet Tweedy

Default anyone used a BE600 Viking leaf vacuum?

In article , Robert
writes
Cons - I expected better build quality

Same with their current hedge trimmers, the previous one was much better
built and sturdier but both do the job far better than any other I've
used. Brilliant on hawthorn, privet and mixed hedging.

- some sharp plastic edges are evident and the design could be better -
to make it easier to empty the leaf bag without dismantling the kit,
and swapping between blower and vacuum.

That's why I wondered about the Stihl thought presumably they will be
very heavy what with an engine and a full bag to cart round, plus the
vibration of the motor.

The online pictures of it show it with a plug and socket adjacent to
the motor - this is a useful feature that is unfortunately restricted
to our continental cousins - I will modify mine.

Did that with the shredder, it's now got a very long lead on and a
circuit breaker at the plug and fusebox terminii.

Pros - it is light weight, the lightest I could find, and seems to be
remarkably effective

Oh well that's the main thing! a garden tool that works

- even on wet leaves and the shredding/compaction is very good. We
usually get heaps of leaves up against hedges which I pick up with
boards and move in the wheelbarrow, however, as the
shredding/compaction is so good I will try using the new toy.

If you intend to use it for lawns and large areas then go for a Stihl
if you don't mind the greater weight (and price).

No I don't mind raking up on the lawn or even mowing it up but between
pots and so on and across beds the Quercus rubra leaves are ten times
larger than ordinary oak leaves and get stuck everywhere.

Ta thanks for the information - that's helped.

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph