Old 05-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Bill Stock

Default Stock Tank plumbing

I managed to find a local spot to buy Stock Tanks, so the next question is
plumbing.

I understand that the Rubbermaid tanks have a 1 1/4" drain plug, so my
options a

1) Running a 3/4" hose to the filter with the appropriate adapters. But how
to safely return the filter output to the tank?

2) Returning the water through the drain plug, with the pump pushing the
water over the edge of the tank. But would the back pressure be too much
for the pump or filter seal?

3) Sucking the water back into the tank through the drain/filter.

I like option 3, but I understand that most pumps push better than they
suck? But wouldn't the water pressure through the filter alleviate this
problem.