Old 05-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Larry Blanchard

Default Ground Cover?

Elaine T wrote:

I've gotten some wonderful plants online. However, it seems to be
illegal to ship sunset hygro (and a number of other aquatic plants) into
the state. The California laws are restrictive enough that many online
aquarium plant distributors won't even ship here at all. The selection
of plants in my local fish stores is disappointing for much the same
reason.

Washingtom apparently has the opposite problem. Even the chain stores
carry milfoil, despite the fact that it has clogged several lakes in my
vicinity and many bucks are spent trying to eradicate it.

But who ever said politicians were logical?