Old 05-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Bob Hobden

Default anyone used a BE600 Viking leaf vacuum?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote after Bob Hobden replied

Stihl and Viking are the same firm.

I know, but Viking equipment is the cheaper end of their range (I have a
Viking hedge cutter and a shredder and a couple of other bits as well)

Viking are the machines for the ordinary gardener as apposed to the
commercial gardener Stihl products.
Thus the Viking Leaf blower/shredder is electric.

Is that bad then?

No, it's OK if you prefer the quietness and lightness etc and don't mind the
cord.
Me, I went for a petrol as I can then use it where there isn't electricity.

Don't care as long as it works . Their electric hedgtrimmers although not
as good as the previous model are still longer and sturdier and easier to
use than black and Decker and Bosch etc. And much more reliable

No doubt about it.

--
Regards
Bob