Old 05-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Pan Ohco

Default apple question ......

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:18:42 -0600, Kate wrote:

Thank you Steve,
I was afraid I'd hear that. Oh well, I guess I will have to be happy
with my oranges, lemons, figs, papaya and tangerines. All new to me .
I am also, from the north. An apple would make a fine salad though.
Can't have everything. I would love to grow some nuts. Maybe I'll settle
for that next. I haven't heard of anyone growing apples around here. The
reason I decided to check with you good folk. many thanks, Kate

Kate, depending on how far south you live you may be able to grow
Gala's and Granny smith apples.
Some catalogue (stark bro's) say that Granny's will grow in northern
zone 9 and Galas to southern zone 8.

I'm going to try them next year.
I'm on the border of 8 & 9.

Pan Ohco