Old 05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default hayter mowers

The message
from "H Ryder" contains these words:

are petrol ones a good choice for us - lawn is reasonably level but a bit
bumpy, it is often damp, we cut it about once a week or so and are not after
a bowling green but we do have a lot of edges.

I can't think of much else - unless you can get a good electric one with
an accumulator.

are hayter as good as we'd been told?

Well, they used to be very reliable.

is aluminium worth paying extra for?

That depends on how long you expect it to last, but IMO, yes.

does getting a self propelled one make life hugely easier? (hubby will do
the bulk of the mowing and is quite "hefty"). we are also not sure that we
could afford self propelled.

Immeasurably easier. However, a 'push'n'pull one is good exercise...

and what is the difference between the hawk and the harrier?

No idea. Much too modern for me. Mine's probably twenty years old.

and are online suppliers any good?

Surely you don't have to ask that? It's rather like asking if lawnmowers
are any good.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/