Old 06-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Charles

Default Giant Sagitaria/Pickrel Reed

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 23:00:54 -0800, Aspasia
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:29:24 -0800, Persephone wrote:

Just bought some plants to redo W. border. Bought at
Huntington Botanical Gardens plant sale. So you'd
think I got proper advice?

Question is about two plants that have the graceful
upward line that I needed, but seem to be aquatic (?)

Giant Sagitaria (sp) and Pickrel Reed.

Seller did tell me they would do OK along narrow W. border
(backed by rose-colored block wall). These plants will be
interspersed with Penstamon.

*****However now I'm worried since I found all info on the
Web about these plants describes aquatic/pond usage*****

This is So.Calif coastal. Mild climate. Plenty of sun much
of the year; less when sun is low in the Southern sky.

Your advice appreciated.

Persephone

Pretty please??? Thanks..

I've only seen them used as bog plants, and I don't think that
penstemon would tollerate that much water.