Old 06-11-2005, 04:01 AM
Bg

Default Lawn Tractor Won't Start

Old gas, plugged fuel filter, plugged jet in carb.....

Try draining ALL the gas from the fuel tank and the carb. Refill with fresh
gas....try again.
If that doesn't work, it's likely a plugged jet in the carb due to old gummy
fuel.
Just my 2-cents

"Stubby" wrote in message
Alan Whitehouse wrote:
I let my lawn tractor sit for about a month without using it.

I went out to start it and it started up, but roughly. But I only let
the engine go for about 15 seconds and then I had to shut down to deal
with something else.

Now the motor won't start.

Battery is charged,

Engine cranks but won't start.

I took out the spark plug and attached it and grounded it to the engine
and I get a spark when I crank the key.

I took off the fuel line and fuel is getting to the engine.

What might be wrong? Suggestions of what to try short of a mechanic?

Try some "Starting Fluid" from an auto store.