Old 06-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Flower Bobdew

Default Garden School

Sacha writes

We saw it for the first time last night and enjoyed it for the most part. I
really *cannot* be doing with DG's voice, it drives me mad BUT we thought
the general thrust of the programme was at the least, interesting.

There's that half open mind I was referring to. The programmes, so
far, have been both quite entertaining and informative. Some of the
activities have been somewhat left field, but what would be the purpose
of a 'Design' DG retread of Mr Titchmarsh's 'How To Be...' series?

However, I am highly dubious about the extent of DG's real and genuine,
continuous input.

Oh, I'm more than highly dubious! In the ones you missed they even
appeared to imply that Diarmuid was running it all on-the-fly, which was
clearly absurd - and the latter would also greatly suggest that Diarmuid
only has a relatively small part in the running of the course. IIRC, he
was barely in the programme Friday night - aside from the trip to his
office.

BTW... I loved the question "Is this garden finished?" After asking it
and seeing the expression, you could sense the student desperately
trying to claw the question back, but it was already out there. : D

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden