Old 06-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Tom J

Default Controlling ivy

"William Brown" wrote in message
news:AKqbf.3568$2C.1151@dukeread03...
My neighbour put in some ivy a few years ago, and it is migrating
into my yard. It actually looks nice in a small wooded area I have,
and tumbling over a stone wall separating the wooded area from the
lawn, but now it is starting into the lawn.

We tried pulling it up, but it has fairly strong roots, and that is
obviously only a temporary fix.

I have some Kleenup vegetation killer in my arsenal, but the label
on that says applying it to the leaves will kill everything,
including the roots, and I'm thinking it might kill everything back
into my neighbour's yard, while I would be happy just to control the
ivy so it stays out of my grass.

It will "stunt" it back to the last root, but will not kill any, on
just 1 application. I watered well and pulled all I could to get it
out of my yard, and it's been a constant battle these past 6 years to
keep it in check. It seems the roots live forever.

Tom J
who just pulled out at least a doz runners last week