Old 06-11-2005, 06:35 PM
middleton.walker

Default onions & stem rot

"keith ;-)" wrote in message
I have lost all but a few of my stuttgarter giant & red baron to stem rot,
mould on top of onions were the stem is.I bent some of the stems over &
others let die back on there own.Then left them on the surface to dry for
week or so.After I tied them by there stems and have been keeping them
hanging in the shed.But they have slowly deteriorated.
What have I done wrong?I was really pleased by the onions I got but have
lost most of them, I would like to grow them next year as apart from this
found them a easy & enjoyable crop to grow.
Thanks Keith

Talking about onions...did anyone see the 16 1/2 pounder at the Harrogate
show this year....a beauty...a world record///////H