Old 06-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Kay

Default apple storage solution

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

I usually wrap each apple in a piece of newspaper and put it in a tray, the
newspaper keeps the apples apart so if one does go rotten, it does not pass
to the others.

I usually place them not more than 3 deep in whatever I have available
(open-work plastic trays or cardboard veg trays from the supermarket)
and rummage through them every week for rotten ones - that's fine for
the ones that I'll be eating this side of christmas. For the longer
keeping ones I do the same, but only in single layers, so I can spot any
rotten ones much more easily.

I used to do the careful wrapping in newspaper bit, but since I pick the
apples in batches of 50lbs, it all got a bit too much.
--
Kay