Old 07-11-2005, 04:09 AM
Travis

Default Controlling ivy

Tom J wrote:
"William Brown" wrote in message
news:AKqbf.3568$2C.1151@dukeread03...
My neighbour put in some ivy a few years ago, and it is
migrating
into my yard. It actually looks nice in a small wooded area
have, and tumbling over a stone wall separating the wooded
area
from the lawn, but now it is starting into the lawn.

We tried pulling it up, but it has fairly strong roots, and
that
is obviously only a temporary fix.

I have some Kleenup vegetation killer in my arsenal, but the
label
on that says applying it to the leaves will kill everything,
including the roots, and I'm thinking it might kill
everything
back into my neighbour's yard, while I would be happy just to
control the ivy so it stays out of my grass.

It will "stunt" it back to the last root, but will not kill
any, on
just 1 application. I watered well and pulled all I could to
get it
out of my yard, and it's been a constant battle these past 6
years
to keep it in check. It seems the roots live forever.

Tom J
who just pulled out at least a doz runners last week

I used Round-up and pulled all in one season and have pretty much
eradicated the ivy, just the occassional leaf or two will poke
up.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5