Old 07-11-2005, 05:48 AM
Suzy O

Default stinky trees?

Ginkgo was my first thought! Because of the smell of the fruit, my
daughter's friend used to call them "stink trees." And interestingly, they
don't usually start to bear until they're @ 20 years old or so.

Suzy O
Zone 5, Milwaukee, WI

"stltrees" wrote in message

Hello everyone!

I am new to this site.I am glad I found it! I live in St.Louis
Missouri(USA) and around my neighborhood there are a bunch of fruit
bearing trees, the fruit it yellow in color and about the size of a
cherry. The fruit really really stinks! I guess because alot of it has
fallen to the ground and people stepping on them. I am sure they dont
smell that bad undamaged. I was just wondering if anyone had any clue
to what tree this is. Btw it is a short tree not tall.

Thanx!

--
stltrees