Old 07-11-2005, 03:45 AM
simy1

Default apple question ......

Kate wrote:

I believe you are right. Thank you anyway, Kate

Kate, looks like you are convinced, but just in case: I have always had
my best results with fruit trees/vines that are at least one zone
inside of their declared range limits. Marginal situations almost never
work. I failed with peaches and pawpaws, being at the northern edge. My
american persimmon is a mediocre tree, and the Concord grape and hardy
kiwis do not produce much. On the other hand, my chestnuts,
jostaberries, raspberries, blackberries, mulberries and pears produce
without much care. One other thing I really love, and you can grow very
easily, is melons of all stripes (green, yellow, orange, cantaloupe,
charentais) and watermelons. The latter are easier than the former. you
still have more choice than most of us.