Old 07-11-2005, 01:41 PM
willshak

Default Lawn Tractor Won't Start

On 11/5/2005 7:04 PM US(ET), Alan Whitehouse took fingers to keyboard,
and typed the following:

I let my lawn tractor sit for about a month without using it.

I went out to start it and it started up, but roughly. But I only let the
engine go for about 15 seconds and then I had to shut down to deal with
something else.

Now the motor won't start.

Battery is charged,

Engine cranks but won't start.

I took out the spark plug and attached it and grounded it to the engine and
I get a spark when I crank the key.

I took off the fuel line and fuel is getting to the engine.

What might be wrong? Suggestions of what to try short of a mechanic?

Alan

Been there, done that, just this month as a matter of fact. I left it
out in the rain and water got into the tank through the gas cap, which
was missing the plastic lens cover over the dial. Pulled the fuel line
off the tank and drained the gas. Pulled the fuel line off the carb and
blew through it to remove the water from the line. Put it all back
together and started it up with starting fluid assist. It ran rough for
a short period and then smoothed out.

--
Bill