Old 07-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Vox Humana

Default Solar sprinkler system

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote in message
Vox Humana wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:55:44 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 21:58:07 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Thomas Cooper" wrote in message

Hey all,
I am in need of a small (4 station) solar powered automatic

sprinkler

system that is reasonably priced. I have been unable to find any

sources

or

plans for such a setup. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sprinklers run on 24v DC. I don't see any advantage of using solar

power.

Unless you're off the grid.

Where does the water come from if you are off the grid?

A well.

Don't you need electric to power the pump?

That's what generators and solar power systems are for....

Oh, I thought that the OP simply wanted to avoid using a transformer to run
the valves. You seem to believe that he wants to run the entire system,
well pump and all, from a solar panel. I think the cost would be very high
and one wonders what is being irrigated by such a system. Does the OP want
a power source at each valve or is the power going to be distributed through
wires to the vales?