Old 07-11-2005, 08:53 PM
sylvan butler

Default best way to effectively kill weeds and unwanted grass seeds

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:05:46 GMT, Wylie Wilde wrote:
But I'm worried that when I use them for top dressing and for my flower beds
next year, the weed and ex-grass seeds will germinate and give me hell.

Yup. Enough heat will kill the seads, or is there any way you can
germinate and kill the resulting plants before using the compost?

I find germinate and kill to be very effective. It is less effective on
some annuals which have seeds programmed to sprout several years apart
(eg goathead aka puncturevine), but nothing else seems to work any
better. So, germinate and kill, germinate and kill, germinate...

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com