Old 07-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Draven

Default more seasonal weirdness

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Still no frosts. High winds have brought the leaves down, but there's
no real scent or sense of autumn, and the lawn is still growing. So is
the new griselinia hedge.

The crocosmias, some of which have only just finished flowering, are
already putting up next year's leaf shoots right next to the ones from
this year, which have barely started to turn yellow. The hebes, still
covered in late flowers, are surrounded by a fresh crop of seedlings
from the earlier flowerheads.
Whenever I lift the potato crop, a few tubers get left behind and come
up the following spring.
This year, they appeared last week. Now 6" and growing strongly. The
seeds dropped off the nasturtiums have all germinated and are at the two
leaf stage, and many of my southern-hemisphere shrubs have got
hopelessly confused and are covered in flowerbuds.

Janet.

My gazanias are in full bloom as well as my fuchsias, roses and my chillies
are still producing fruit.

Draven
Bristol