Old 08-11-2005, 07:09 AM
George E. Cawthon

Default Old gasoline

FDR wrote:
I have a couple of gallons of old gasoline, probably at least a year old. I
suppose I could dispose of it properly, but I was wondering of it could be
"revived" somehow or used instead?

You will get all sorts of answers, possibly
because of varying conditions but often due to
blind prejudice. First 1 year old is not a
problem, 2 years old means be careful, 3 years old
means be really careful and the best advice is to
dump it. If the container is full or nearly, if it
wasn't subject to high or warm temperatures for
the entire period the gas will be in much better
condition that stored in a 1/2 full can and at
higher temperatures.

If it really is about 1 year old just added a
gallon of it at a time to 18 or more gallons of
gas in any vehicle.