Old 08-11-2005, 11:24 AM
La puce

Default Garden School

Mike Lyle wrote:
I'm not at all sure what a prog exclusively for experienced gardeners
would be like.

(snip)

It's like comparing gardening mags. On one hand you have 'Gardeners
World' magasine which I don't read because I find it repetitif, basic
and far too commercial. However millions love it. Then you have the RHS
The Garden which I like very very much for its interviews and serious
approach to gardening with interesting new topics from around the
world. Then you have Garden Life which is all about nice glossy images
and the latest must have glowinthedark magnetic child friendly left
handed watering can.

Gardeners TV programmes are just the same. You have your flying
gardeners with young sexy Chris, gardeners world with Alan and Monty,
new series like a Year at Kew (which was splendid) and my favourite of
them all Riverside Cottage with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls - which is
about food but home grown, something which is very much my interest.
Compare this with the videos I get at college, all made in the late 70s
.... beleive me, I'd rather watch DG prancing around in a tutu all
afternoon )

There should be something for everyone, which there is. In my opinion.