Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 PM
La puce

Default more seasonal weirdness

Sally Holmes wrote:
The lilac's in flower down the road, and in the garden Choisya Aztec Pearl
is having a tiny third flush.

Hello Sally. I'm not far from you (Whalley Range). My lilac is
flowering round heads of white flowers instead of the usual cone shaped
ones. The kids nasturtium growing in old whellies have all seeded and
grown again and the evening primrose has sent 2 more shoots with
perhaps 20 flower heads on them. At this time I usually leave my spring
pots behind the fence until spring ... I had to bring out our pot of
cowslip because it's quite magnificent and poking through the leaves
the flowers are appearing. What are we going to have in spring then?!
I'm concerned about all the tulips and alliums I've planted. I've
offered myself lots of new alliums for my collection. It's a bit of a
disaster really (((