Old 08-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default OT email problem

The message
from "michael adams" contains these words:

Probably because something in your subject line triggers a spam filter.
(Like "HELLO!" for instance.)

Yebbut.

When replying to an email the subject line stays the same. So you'd imagine
that if the sender customarily sent out loads of messages containing words
like "HELLO" in the subject line, which triggered their own spam filter in
replies, they wouldn't be recieving many emails from anyone.

Our server kills about 90% of spam *RECEIVED* (And I kill around the
same proportion of what's left), but neither my killfile nor the
outgoing server interferes with mailout.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/