Old 08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Ron Truitt

Default Did I get compost or did I get ripped off?

This sounds pretty close to some bagged compost I bought once. As it
turned out it was steer feedlot compost and was pretty heavy. Parts of
it still smelled pretty bad but in a day or two that went away.

There is quite a bit of questionable compost on the market. My last
truck load sprouted a huge crop of weed seeds so it was never heated
properly.

We do have a municipality pretty close that composts its leaves and tree
trimmings with sludge and it is real good for ornamentals.

Keep trying my friend. Sooner or later you will find a good compost
vendor. It is a pretty good idea to go visit the compost yard to see
what it looks like prior to buying if possible. I have found great
stuff all the way down to weedy stuff. But all of it had some value as
a soil conditoner.

I too have made my own but can never make enough.

RonT