Old 28-01-2003, 03:31 PM
cormaic

Default advice for novice gardener needed!!!

'Twas Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:27:05 -0000, when "seren"
enriched all our lives with these
worthy thoughts:
i wondered if
i could skim off the top layer of goo and chuck a load of pea gravel down to
hide the worst for now (and stop it treading all through the house)

No - they'd just tread gravel into then house instead!

but would it not sink into the soil?

Probably - it's a good idea to use a separation membrane in
such circumstances. They sell simple (ie, not very strong) membranes
at most GCs and BMs these days.

i want to put some kind of paving down
eventually but it will have to be done a bit at a time as we don't have a
lot of spare time. the only kind of garden we've had in the past is the
concrete kind so i'm at a loss as to what to do with this mess. any good,
fast, cheap ideas???? HELP )

The DIY sheds are doing some awful 30mm thick flags for a quid
a piece and they reckon you can build a 3x4m patio for under 200 quid.

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk