Old 08-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Sacha

Default Arks?

On 8/11/05 19:48, in article ,
"Dave Poole" wrote:

Gary Woods wrote:

I'd be more sympathetic, but here in the northeastern American colonies we
had our 40 days and nights of rain last month.

And here in the homeland, we had the equivalent of 40 days and nights
of rain in a weekend!

Well, Guy Fawkes night didn't happen here - this Saturday, we hope! But the
water running off the fields around and behind us is amazing - little
streams all down the nursery paths etc. The big lawn in front of the house,
which is always a dreadful sponge, is now entirely waterlogged with water
lying on it at the bottom of its slope. You can't possibly walk on it
without going into ski mode! It's not just rain, it's stair rods of rain -
simply dreadful. At least it's gone off a bit tonight and thank heavens the
wind has dropped. I absolutely hate the wind, it's so 'edgy', somehow and
so damaging. So many people seem to dislike it that I do wonder if its
effect on humans has ever been studied.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk