Old 09-11-2005, 03:57 AM
Dee Randall

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Turnip Mystery

wrote in message
oups.com...

Turnips like this one can be had in most grocery stores year round.

So why did we select it as a Photo of the Week?

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

What a nice site.
I saw the bluebird page. Just a few words OT to say that there are many
bird houses for bluebirds along roads here in the countryside in Shenandoah,
VA. We learned that if a nest is not cleaned out thoroughly that they will
not raise a new family in it. We keep track (but not disturb them) of when
the birds leave after the first family leaves; my husband cleans thoroughly
the nest, and before long another family will come; one or two times, we had
three new families in one season. I don't know if you know this or not and
if it is one of the reasons. (Another reason my be that another bird --
forget the name -- that is arrogant -- will keep the bluebirds from settling
in. We had that happen once. There are several situations that cause this
to happen, but I can't remember them. There are remedies.
Dee Dee