Old 09-11-2005, 02:39 AM
HC

Default no flowers on wisteria

G'day Andy

My Wisteria faces west and never gets watered (unless it rains) and
never fertilised. It's been in this position for approx 10 years and
the flowers and perfume are a delight each year. I don't want it to
ramble everywhere, so I'm training it into a tree shape (ie with one
main trunk) and knock out any new runners. To be totally honest mine
gets ignored except to cut off rampant new shoots but it seems more than
happy.

My late husband paid an exorbitant price for this plant at a nursery
just before his death, the extra $$$$'s because it was 'supposed' to be
a Pink Wisteria, which he planned to bonsai. Needless to say it's the
traditional mauve, which is really nice, but I know he would have been
mad as hell because it wasn't what he paid for.

Hope this helps?
Bronwyn ;-)

andy wrote:
Hi,
Im wondering if anyone would no why there are no flowers on my
wisteria again. It is about 5 or 6 years old and faces north, east. It
is very healthy and has prolific foliage. I dont fertilize or water it
specifically. We are in a temperate to cool climate and other wisterias
in the neighbourhood seem to be flowering happily.
thanking you in advance, andy