Old 09-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Jen

Default Rooting rosemary

"Jonathan Sachs" wrote in message
I understand that rosemary is very difficult to start from a cutting.
I think I'm halfway there, and I need some advice.

I put a young shoot in a pill bottle filled with water several weeks
ago. It is still alive, and has grown a little, but so far, no roots.
Is there anything I can do to encourage it?

I live in Australia, I don't know if that makes a difference, but I grew
mine just by putting a piece in the ground with some other herbs. I just
watered the whole area when it was needed, I didn't even think about the
cutting, eventually it just grew. I do that with most plants. We get
frosts here during winter, but we also get hot summers.

Jen