Old 28-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Seed potato recommendations please!

In article ,
sacha wrote:

As someone who doesn't grow potatoes and whose only lot of seed rotted off 2
years ago thanks to rain, does anyone grow Dunbar? It's the *most*
delicious potato, especially when roasted but I gather it's very prone to
mildew so isn't popular commercially. Have you tried it, Bob?

Which Dunbar? There are several.

I bought some Dunbar Rover the year before last, but they had all
rotted from gangrene before I planted them. Last year I succeeded,
and they were good but not much better than King Edward and a lot
less flexible. E.g. they baked well but didn't boil well.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679