Old 09-11-2005, 10:59 AM
BAC

Default OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 9/11/05 9:04, in article
, "Mike"
wrote:

snip

People have taken great delight in jumping on me as though I talk crap.
Sorry but I have been there, done that, got the tee shirt, nearly had my
house burnt down, nearly had a chimney stack through the roof, thanks to

DIY
ers who 'have done it before so we know what we are doing' ..... Yes

Sacha
YOU

Mike

You are utterly ridiculous, as is all too usual with you. You think I

"Did
It Myself"? How stupid of you to make assumptions but how typical.
I employed professionals on each project and at every stage. I didn't
wield so much as a screwdriver myself. People jump on you because you

talk
crap 99.9% of the time, you tell lies and you boast endlessly about how
wonderful you are, how successful, how clever and how popular etc. It

falls
firmly into the category of the "fool doth protest too much" and "when a

man
speaks of his honour, make him pay cash".

I'm surprised you rose to the bait, since Mike's comment was clearly
intended to needle you.

Anyway, it's sound advice to consult a competent professional on property
matters. It might even prevent unpleasant surprises, like finding out after
purchase that someone removed the chimney breasts without providing adequate
support for the chimney stacks :-)