Old 09-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Mike

Default OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
michael adams wrote:
[...]
Whereas if you ask a builder, no matter how old he is etc. etc.
he has an incentive to make a meal of it by erecting scaffolding
and making as much of a fuss, and charging as much, as he can.

[...]

[Sharp intake of breath] Good job you called me in, love! Those
chimneys need repointing all over or they'll come through the roof in
the next gale, and I don't know who did that flashing, but I can tell
without looking you've got leaks into the attic: next thing, it'll be
rot in the timbers, if it hasn't started already, shouldn't wonder.
And the TV aerial! Blimey, what a mess! Too many cowboys around these
days. You do know about those loose slates, don't you? While we're up
there, it won't cost you much more to fit a nice Velux roof-light:
make that attic into a lovely extra room. Plasterboard lining, bit of
flooring...

--
Mike.

THAT is why I advocated an old reliable LOCAL builder who is known, knows
the property, and knows the area.

Jumping on the 'Let's see if we can argue with everyone' Band Wagon are we?
Sad :-((