Old 09-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Bill Stock

Default Stock Tank plumbing

"Koitoy" wrote in message

It looks like having the pump suck the water back into the pond be my
best option. Would I be able to thread a pipe through the drain plug,
so
that I could put an elbow on the inside and a reducer on the outside?

What type of filter are you building here? As for the PVC- you can use
Uniseals to connect your pipes to the tank. Here is a link- but might
want a different supplier as I believe there is a high cost to ship to
Canada.

http://tinyurl.com/dtuv2

--
Koitoy

Thanks KT,

Not a filter, but a winter home for the GF and plants. My pond is a bit too
shallow, so I covered it last year. I'm planning on bringing them in this
year with some Water Hyacinths.

I plan on using the filter from the pond on my new indoor pond. It's looking
like I'll just run the tubing over the edge of the tank (delivered now) and
elevate the filter to lessen the chance of leaks. I'm not to sure how to
handle aeration or water return yet though. I was thinking of using the
pump/fountain from the pond and removing the spay head to give me a gentle
bubbling. I don't think this will shoot out if the fish tip it over.
Then I'll have to secure the water return pipe somehow.