Old 09-11-2005, 03:06 PM
La puce

Default OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

Kate Morgan wrote:
I am an OAP and I dont think I could knock the skin of a rice pudding -
not really that feeble and I would eat the rice pudding skin especially
if it were burnt - but thank you for your concern and interest, it will
be local builder and raiding the piggy bank I think :-)

Hello Kate. My 4 pennies worth ....

My builders just left last week end after 6 weeks doing my loft. I live
in a edwardian house 103 years old 3 storeys and we had 3 velux in, 2
large windows from roof to floor level and we're really happy. However,
please call someone in to be with you when the builders come around so
that another pair of ears can understand what needs doing and explain
the job at hand. We're just over 3 thousand pounds on our budget
because of 'these little extra things' like chimney mortar turning into
dust as soon as you touch the bricks. Didn't sound like a big deal -
but it costed us a lot.

These birds of yours might cost you more than you might have in the
piggy bank. I was surprised at the amount the contractors wanted!! Good
luck.